INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, March 29, 2010

It's a Monday need I say more?

Mondays tend to get a bad rap, being that they are the start of the work/school week et-all. For me, I woke up quite early, got a start on making worm soup (that's kids speak for French Onion Soup). Slicing 5 pounds of onions goes rather quickly when one uses a mandolin slicer :-) And I found the secret to not crying when slicing so many juicy onions- do it on your stove top with the vent fan on high! I didn't cry one single tear drop! I put the slicer on a large sheet pan, put the pan on the stove top and turned on the vent and sliced away! Now the onions have caramelized and now are simmering in beef stock. My house smells delicious!

So here I am with a funny story to tell about the other part of my morning.... Basically it's this- my kids wait for the bus in the rain for an hour and it never shows up. I have an appointment here at the house with maintenance at 9am so I can't possibly take my kids to school and be back here in time to meet my appointment (it's a 2 hour round trip to school and back). So, for my kids it's an early kick off to their Spring Break from school. can you say Ferris Bueller's day off?

No comments: