INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Military Retirement Ceremonies

You know- the reason I like attending these kinds of function is because you get to see the stuff that they guy is made of. There's the awards and honors he's received over the years, the places he (and his family) have been stationed at and the kinds of jobs he's done. It's also the time when he publicly pays tribute to his mentors, his coworkers, his friends and especially his wife and children. They make me cry every time! It's at these events listening to the guy stumble through his words with tears in his eyes telling his wife how much he loves her and how he could have never got this far in his career without her... that is when my husband squeezes my hand and tells me that's how he feels about us.

And if you're wondering...yes, I would fly across the world to attend a retirement ceremony of husband a dear friend.

No comments: