INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, March 07, 2010

The Pottery Trip

Our motley crew consisted of 8 women and 1 male driver. Our trip took us up to Stoke-on-Trent home of where pretty much the majority of all of British pottery is made. Our guide took us to several of the most popular pottery outlet shops. We went to three different Portmeirion shops, and each was awesome! Besides Portmeirion, we also went to Burleigh, Emma Bridgewater and Wedgwood. There were many more labels than just Wedgwood at the Wedgwood outlet- there was Waterford, Johnson Bros., Rosenthal, Royal Albert, Royal Doulton, Coalport and Minton and that was just for dishes, there were more in the Crystal department.

I can't begin to tell you what it was like to see of all of those beautiful dishes on display. Every store was set up in such an appealing manner and there were great buys to be had at every shop! Okay I'll confess, I didn't buy any crystal- my purchases consisted of 1- Waterford item, (my token purchase for the store) which is a Bone Chine Coffee pot, of course I bought oodles of Portmeirion (my main reason for going on this trip in the first place), a couple of Emma Bridgewater chicken themed items and several Burleigh 3 piece teacup sets that I plan on using as thank you gifts in the future...that is unless I become attached to them ;-)

They give you free tea/coffee and biscuits (cookies) at the Burleigh outlet and in case your shopping has you working up an appetite, there are tea shops in the Emma Bridgewater and Wedgwood stores where you can have lunch with your girlfriends :-)

It might have been in the 30's all day long BUT I dare say that I had a very pleasant day to say the least!


Ps- We all bought so much that we were dropped off at our front doors with our purchases :-)

No comments: