INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Portmeirion

I wanted to share some pictures of my dining room set up with my Portmeirion Botanic Garden Dishes. These dishes are my special gift to myself. They are that special something from my stay in here England that every time I use them I will remember the good times and good friends that I have made while living in this beautiful country.
This Blue Iris Pitcher was so lovely that I had to bring it home with me!

I've found cups and saucers everywhere, this violet cup I found in an antique shop here in England.


I first fell in love with this style clock in an antique but had a hard time paying £45 for a plate clock. I had a much easier time paying £16 for it. While at the outlets I saw about a million and a half of these Portmeirion clocks- this particular pattern is called "Variations", I decided on buying this one because it had a wild rose and a big fat bumble bee!


This is the anniversary vase- LOVE the tulips! And it was kind of funny that my friend Linda brought over this bouquet of tulips for me the morning of our pottery trip.

My Buffet set up with dessert plates, luncheon plates and dinner plates.



I put a freshly ironed linen table cloth on and set the table with my newest purchases. I only set out 4 place settings as I didn't want to put the leaf extension in the table.





Is it any wonder why I fell in love with this pottery? I adore flowers and this is perfect for me!










1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

How lovely Sandie. So nice tohave something that brings you pleasure and memories all at once!