INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Count down to FUN!

I've got a busy day planned for myself...I've got gourmet cooking on the brain (that’s why I’m up so early). I’m making the following for our trip;

*Caprese Salad –tomato slices drizzled with olive, a little fresh ground gray sea salt (it’s a moist salt and it’s yummy), herbed feta cheese That’s it and it’s soooo yummy!!! I also make this with fresh sliced mozzarella but right now I'm on a Feta Cheese kick.

*Marinated Italian Pasta Salad- twisty pasta with marinated artichoke hearts, roasted red bell pepper, red onions, finely chopped black olives, some fresh parsley and some made from scratch Italian salad dressing.

*Chicken Salad- it’s got a dressing made from sour cream and mayonnaise with a dash of lemon juice, there’s roasted chicken (of which I did yesterday), seedless grapes (bought these huge dark purple ones), celery and topped with roasted cashews. I've had this several times made by others and it's to die for- yes it's a total chick food item!

*Marinated green olives- I get these at Tesco and they come in a pouch(bag) oh my gosh they are seriously addictive! I almost ate an entire bag the other day- good thing the bags are quite small, LOL!

*Baguettes (for the chicken salad- no I'm not making these I'm buying them)

*Almond poppy seed mini muffins- morning snack on the road (now I am making these)

*Brownies- afternoon snack on the road (and these too)

*New York Cheesecake- hey a girl has got to have dessert! (and yes I'm also making these).

*And of course Evian bottled water ♥

So do you think that my girlfriends will like their lunch? Two of them are PCSing (one to Turkey and the other back to the USA) and this trip is like a big final farewell to England. So I’m sure that they both will be loading up on china, crystal and pottery of all sorts!

Meanwhile in-between all of this cooking I've got to take the hubby to work, do some grocery shopping, gas up the shopping mobile, call a couple of Portmeirion stores to see what their in store specials are, get the exchange rate of the day, finish up my pottery quiz, get some more GPS coordinates for a few more pottery places in Stoke-on-Trent, clean the house, fold a mountain of laundry and squeeze in a nap ;-) Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

Your investment in your friends is amazing; they will love every minute and I'm sure therefore that you will too. Have a fab time. Am very jealous!