INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, April 16, 2010

How to tell if you are a Janeite-

Pride and Prejudice- Hands down this is my favorite book of all time! I've read the book countless times, have more than one copy of it and have many stories/book that are spin-offs from Jane Austen's novel by various authors. I also have modern day versions of the 200 year old Classic. I've read numerous biographies of her life, my 2nd favorite of her novels is a toss up between Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion,

Those things I just listed- well those are clear indications that if I am not a Janeite, then I am well on my way to being one! Well that and the fact that I recently went on a trip with my husband to see the grand country estates that were in the film versions of Pride and Prejudice. Oh my word they were breathtakingly beautiful homes. I've got way more pictures that what I posted here...they will go in my on line photo album over at webshots. Now for me to start working on uploading to that website. Enjoy!








This is a french inspired garden , the flowers were remarkable! We actually did get closer to the garden but this was by far the best view of it! This Garden being at the house that was from the 1995 BBC versions of P&P
The back side of Pemberley- or more over where the carriages would bring you. There's a courtyard in the middle through the arch where you would actually enter the home.

Here we are on the side of Pemberley, the side that faces the lake, stream and of course the beautiful gardens. This place was AMAZING! IN the green house is a Camellia plant that is 185 years old and is still blooming like crazy!



This is where the interior scenes were filmed for the movie- this is the back side of the home- facing the lake.


Here I am...loving every minute of this tour!





Netherfield Park- okay it's not the real name of this house but it was place that was filmed as being Bigley's country estate. I was surprised to find out how close I actually live to this place. I'm not going to spill the beans about where it is because it's an actual private home with people living in it.




No comments: