INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Angel Policies and What They Are

This means that these companies are happy to have you use their products in projects where you plan to sell or exhibit your artwork. All designs are copyrighted by their respective companies. They want you to have a good time, but they also want you to respect their copyrights and the time and money they've spent to bring the designs to the scrapbook and stamping public. For general guidelines of what an Angel Policy, most use the following rules:If using stamps, please hand-stamp each project individually. No mechanical reproduction of any sort is allowed. No scanning, no photocopying, no printing of items for resale or use. You must use the original item. Some companies MAY make exceptions if you need a few color copies of a completed project for your personal use, such as inclusion in a swap. Give a credit to the manufacturer of the design whenever possible- especially if submitting art for publication. The EXACT Angel policy may vary from company to company. If you have any questions please contact that particular company for the correct answer. I got this from www.littlebit.com Judy Perry's site is VERY informative! Please check it out when you have a chance. And when in doubt of the companies policy on re-sale please go to that companies web site and look it up.
http://www.littlebit.com/angelList/angellistpolicyonly.htm this is the Stamping
Angel List
Non-Angel List
Scrapbook Angel List
Scrapbook Non-Angel List


Some of you will be surprised at the names on the Non-Angel list and there are some well known names. I hope that this is of some interest and help to those that are looking at selling some of their hand crafted cards as the holidays approach. I need to cover all of the bases (legal stuff) on this for the OSC auction and I thought that I should share what I've found.


The Non-Angel policy means that they DO NOT want you to make things to sell using their items. When you go to the web site of the individual companies it will be stated there. Now I was surprised with Two Peas and their FREE fonts being a Non-Angel. I pretty much thought that once you put something on the Internet and give it away at no cost that they pretty much had given up the right of having a say in how you use it. But I see that I was wrong in assuming that. I found out a great deal of stuff by looking up the Angel Policy of the different stamp companies out there. And all because I want to donate something for the gift table auction thing that my squadron wives group is doing for the Officers Wives Club...all money is donated to non-profit. But none the less I have to make sure that I don't get into trouble by having these items up for sale even though I'm not the one selling them.
Close to My Heart formally D.O.T.S. has a very detailed Angel Policy please read it here with this direct link to the site Close to my heart angel policy A couple of things caught my eye with this one...if you use their stamps to create a card for sale, you may not use another brand of stamp in conjunction with that card. In other words...You stamp a Valentine card using their hearts but there's a great "Happy Valentines Day" Stamp in a curly cursive that you know would look great with it from say Hero Arts or Northwood's. They say that by having those 2 different companies stamps on your card is in violation of Their Angel Policy. Another thing that caught my eye is the No Internet Sales of your hand made cards that use their stamps. So as I said before, PLEASE check with each company and review their Angel Policy for selling hand made cards. Every company seems to have a different twist to their policy and what they require from us the consumer.

No comments: