INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Paper Storage














I decided to start with paper storage...it is after all the first thing we need in making a scrapbook page.

In the beginning...before the wonderful world of scrapbooking became what it is today, the only papers available were 8½x11 card stock in roygbiv...no variation of hues there just red, orange, yellow, green and so forth. Believe it or not, I kept it in a plastic sleeve (yeah, I didn't own a whole lot back then). After our move to Virginia and was introduced to real honest to goodness totally dedicated just to the art of scrapbooking stores, that was when I started buying 12x12 cardstock and papers. I stored them in the Accordion style Paper keeper Boxes, the ones for 12x12 paper. You can get them at Michael's Arts and Crafts, Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart or just about any local scrapbooking store (or LSS for short). That worked great while I was in Virginia. I could tuck them all into my Armoiré and close the doors.

Okay so now I have a real honest to goodness Scrapbook Nook, none of that worrying about resale of the house stuff here, LOL! My scrapbook paper storage has changed a few times since the incorporation of this work space. First it was the Accordion style paper holders, then it was the 12x12 plastic sleeves by Generations, then it was the 12x12 clear plastic storage drawers and now finally...it's the Vertical paper organizer for me. This lets me see what I have and I can find the color or patterned paper that I need right away. The Vertical Paper Organizers are by Generations. There are also thinner ones available, I have my various patterned paper (sorted by theme) in them.

No comments: