INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Things that make me smile

So here I am with a blog, so what to put in it…. My life is oh so exciting…not really but I like to pretend that it is. So who am I? I’m Sandie, a self confessed paper addict and scrapbooker. There’s so much more to me than being a mother and a wife. There are those things that I do just for me…I’m a Natural History and Archeology junkie! I can’t seem to get enough of the stuff. Does it bother me that the rest of my family thinks it’s on the boring side of the spectrum of things that they are interested in doing? Not in the least! It’s “my thing” and that’s okay!

I find it rather funny when friends talk about me and the way I scrapbook. It was nearly 3 years ago, I was at a spouses coffee when I chanced to overhear a new friend describe my style of scrapbooking to another group of friends as "Creative Memories on steroids". Trust me I had a hard time trying not to pee on myself from laughing so hard. From never having looked at myself in quite that light before I would have to say that at the time it was pretty funny to see my scrapbooking style being described as such. The funny thing about that is...the same friend still uses that term to describe my style of scrapbooking. What a hoot!

Since moving here in 2003, I've only met a handful of people that scrapbook in a manner very much as my own. I don't sell anything (nor do I want to) besides my own talent. I started doing some Scrapbook for Hire projects at the request of several of the commanders wives. It's been a pretty good little side business (keeps me in scrapbooking and stamping supplies). I also got more into stamping since moving here. I consider myself a full circle crafter with sewing, quilting and needlework on my resumé.

Here's something that really makes me laugh...apparently my Scrapbook Nook has a reputation of it's own. I have to laugh when people introduce me to new neighbors and such and they (the new neighbors) say..."So you're the lady with the scrapbook room".

No comments: