INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Ribbon Storage















Ribbon is such a terrific embellishment! You can use it on cards, tags, scrapbook layouts and so much more! It comes in so many wonderful colors and types. There's twill tape, satin finished and my two favorites sheer organdy and grosgrain. There's checked patterned ribbon, ribbon with dots, stripes, plaids, flowers and twill tape that is printed with sentimental words and phrases. Heck with the right stamps and ink you can make your own printed ribbon and twill tape. Ribbon comes in various widths, some ribbon has wired edges, but most do not. No matter what your personal preference is...the industry has made sure that there is something for everyone! Now how do we store it after we bring it home? I've seen it stored in a few different ways. Heck I've got it stored 3 different ways myself. Here you see picture of how the majority of my ribbon and twill tape are stored. I have added round wooden balls to the ends of dowels purchased at a local craft store. E-mail me and I'll give you detailed information on how to make these for your own craft room. There is a slight over hang in my scrapbook nook and I used it to my full advantage. I purchased some cute hooks from a local craft store and hung the dowels across them. I need to have 3 because the middle of the dowel needed to be supported because of the weight of all of the spools of ribbons. I display my ribbon in R.O.Y.G.B.I.V. (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet) fashion, I love the way that looks! Now I've seen where some of the trendy folks display their collection of ribbons in jars on mantels and make it look like decor. That's great for those that have the space and don't mind fumbling through glass jars (for me, that's just an accident waiting to happen). But you see, I'm not out to impress others with how cool my stash looks, I'm into what functions best for me and how I can easily access what I have. For those that don't have that nifty over hang there's my other ribbon storage idea...those multi level pant hangers, those work great! I have longer pieces pinned over the lowest bar that doesn't move. The bars swing out so you can put spools of ribbon over them. Hang them from a hook, or in the closet. They are inexpensive as compared to those plastic boxes for ribbons storage. A friend bought her ribbon storage boxes for $40 a piece (she had 3). I made my wooden dowel ribbon storage for under $5, did I mention that I made 3 of them for under $5. Do you have only a handful of spools of ribbon but want it accessible? Use an upright paper towel rack...this works great and can sit on your counter top!

No comments: