INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Traveling with Scrapbooking Supplies

Be it in the car or in an airplane...you need to pack your supplies in a manner in which they are not going to be damaged. Before the invention of those wonderful Scrapbooking Tote Bags on wheels there were Rubber-Maid plastic totes. Now this is several years ago mind you, when I would go to crops I would put my scrapbooking items in one of those plastic totes. All of my things were in that Rubber-Maid tote that I would need, such as my scrapbook refill pages, page protectors, embellishments (which were stickers at that time)my tools and so forth. I'd stack them up carefully and put the lid on it and go!

Now it's been many years since my Rubber-Maid tote days and there are so many companies that have come out with lines of scrapbooking "luggage". We're talking about stuff that can handle being put through the rigors of the airport baggage handlers! Everyone that travels needs to have one of these fantastic bags! I see them everywhere now, not just at your LSS (local scrapbooking store) but at places such as Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, even Office Depot carries scrapbook luggage, LOL! I love these bags on wheels because of the ease of which it is to pack what you need in it for a crop. There was a lot of thought as to what a scrapbooker needs to pack for a crop put into the design of these "bags". There are places to store things such as pens, scissors, paper trimmers in a secure manner. I love the fact that mine has a place for holding paper, layouts and albums in such a way as that they will not get damaged in transit. I'm not endorsing any one brand, you will need to find a brand and style that suits your own personal needs. I love the fact that Scrapbooking Luggage is now available in so many different colors! When I bought mine, they were only available in Black or Navy Blue. The ones in Pink or that Kiwi Green really caught my eye, LOL! But do I need a new bag? No not really, so until the wheels fall off of the one I have now, I'll just stick with what I have. My recommendation to you is...assess what your needs are and shop with those needs in mind.

No comments: