INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Changing Attitudes

I awoke at 5 am versus 4:30 am (hey that half an hour can make a world of difference)...feeling energized and inspired! I wrote a couple of snail mail letters, I'm drinking a ton of coffee (Swiss Chocolate Almond...YUM!) and am eager to get going on some scrapbooking sketches and layouts. There are times when I'm at such a creative standstill then there are times like these that the ideas seem to flow from me like a bubbling fountain. :D
Yesterday was another amazing scrapbooking kind of day for me! I tinkered a little more with that Edible Art layout. You'll see what I did to it in next weeks issue of Scrap Chat over in All Things Paper On http://theoldfrontporch.com. :D
I do re-work my old layouts from my caveman art days...but not all of them. I keep some because I actually like what I did. Some of my sticker art is actually pretty good (even if I do say so myself). But the pages where it appears that I just went Willy Nilly and slapped photo's on without thinking..those are getting reworked. The catch here is that my attitudes and the reasons why I'm reworking those layouts have changed. I've released my anger..it's hard for me to say exactly when it happened really, but the anger is gone and I'm glad! I had spent many years being angry at myself, frustrated by my old work and the people who talked me into spending money that I didn't really have at the time. All on something I am now tearing apart. I was seeing it for the longest time at being such a huge waste of time money and resources...but now I can see it for what it really was...as a growing experience. Although I can laugh at myself now (and even joke about how I must have been on hallucinogenic drugs), I wasn't able to do that for the longest time. It's nice to be able to laugh about it now :D

No comments: