INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Page Kits

There is something about page kits that I just love, but I didn't always feel this way about page kits. It probably stems from the fact that I am a self proclaimed "picky paper person", I've hesitated in being a member of any page kit club for fear that I would be wasting my money because "what if I didn't like the items in the kit?". I kept forgetting one simple thing...that there is no hard fast rule that says that I have to use all of the items in the kit together in creating a layout, and I want you to keep that in mind too!
The vast number of companies that sell page kits exclusively has exploded on to the scrapbooking scene, and that has made a HUGE impact on how scrapbookers are now buying their scrapbooking supplies. In the past few years alone we've seen many companies come on to the scene and fail and many other have survived...why is this? It's because of the people that go out to events like the CHA (craft and hobby association) that have the scrapbooking manufacturers and their latest and greatest items being highlighted, they go see what's new and fresh. Then there's the fact that these business owners have an "eye" for color and design. But when you strip away the peel and get to the fruit... the plain and simple truth of the matter...they (the business owners) are actually listening to what we (the consumers) want to be buying, nothing more and nothing less.

So now you're thinking, well I still can't get on board with the idea of joining a page kit club because I'm afraid that I won't like most of the printed paper that comes in the kit. Well ya know what...there's a kit company out there there that sells just "card stock, no kidding! And who among is doesn't LOVE to use card stock eh? Just as there are kit companies that sell just eyelets, others that sell just ribbons and fibers. There are companies that sell just card making kits..now how cool is that?!! Page kits have gotten so popular, that you can now purchase them at your local scrapbooking and hobby stores, page kits are everywhere! There's something for everyone in the page kit scene!

No comments: