INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, July 14, 2006

I'm Backlogged on Journaling are you?

I've been struggling with the summer cold from hell this week. I was feeling a tad bit under the weather on Sunday. Then Monday rolls around and I am feeling worse but managed to drag myself to a farewell dinner for a good friend (her husband is retiring from the Air Force after 20 some odd years of service). The dinner was charming and our good friend Ginny did a marvelous job at decorating (it looked like a Victorian Garden Party) and the food was out of this world! Ginny is a quilter and she made our friend Liz a quilt that is so beautiful that everyone in attendance of this party would have loved to have owned!

Then on Wednesday if I wasn't feeling bad enough with this horrible summer cold, I cut my left thumb while preparing dinner. I cut myself good! Bled all over the place, called my husband at work to get home because I couldn't make myself look at the cut. Did it while using a really sharp partoku knife it's similar to a santoku but smaller. Now why is it that after such an accident that we tend to re-injure ourselves? I have bumped and whacked that thumb several times. Yesterday while I had the bandage off I smacked my thumb and I bled all over the place and all over the front of the shirt I had on. Now I'm afraid to work on any layouts for fear that I'll bleed all over them.

So even with this summer cold, I've managed to have squeaked out a few layouts. But after my incident with the knife and the repeat of wearing blood on my clothes for the past 2 days, I've decided that today... I really need to concentrate on getting the journaling done for all of the layouts that I've got stacked up. And trust me when I say that I've got a lot of journaling to get done too! Yes one phrase keeps coming to mind when I think of how "backlogged on journaling" I've made myself. So I will perch myself in front of the computer and type away. I need to designate a day where I just sit in front of the computer and finish the journaling for the layouts that I have created during the week, now to figure out which day would work best for me...

No comments: