INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, July 24, 2006

Color...it's all around us!

What's your biggest motivator? For me, it's Color! Seeing different colors together, harmonizing, blending, clashing...it's all about color and it's visual impact!

I was out on our deck having my morning coffee today, as I usually do during the week. When I happened to notice this big ole orange cat crossing the street. It's dark orange colored fur looked so bright against the fresh black asphalt, but once it got across the street it blended in so well with the variegated shades of green, gold and brown grasses of the field. When it stopped, I could barely see it's silhouette. At that moment it didn't look orange at all, it's stippled pattern mimicked the color patterns in the grass. Nature is amazing!

I find myself arranging not only my scrapbooking items such as ribbon, card stock and buttons in a r.o.y.g.b.i.v manner but my dishes and even the clothes hanging in my closet. It makes me smile when I see things arranged in such a happy manner. To open up a door and see a rainbow of color staring you in the face, what can be better? I ask you...what?

For me, be it scrapbooking, stamping, needlework or quilting...it's all based around color and how one shade all plays off of another. It makes me excited, happy and at peace with the world around me at the same time. Color stimulates my creativity, it makes me feel alive..it's a wonderful feeling and such a powerful motivator at the same time!

I have used color throughout my house to create and set different moods. My Scrapbook Nook is painted 2 shades of yellow...it's a bright cheery color that makes you feel awake and alive! Our bedroom is painted a periwinkle blue. That color is restful and invokes a feeling of peacefulness. The kitchen is a bright green...which to me screams energy. Our dining room is a color called sweetheart rose, it's got this warmth to it...makes me feel cozy and happy. Every room is a different color...all with their own feelings that they invoke when you enter the room. Kind of like how I play with color when creating a scrapbook layout. I invite you to play with color and see how it makes you feel!

No comments: