INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, July 01, 2006

I'm Miffed!

I am seriously miffed with the management of the local Hobby Lobby store! In fact, I'm quite peeved with them at the moment! I'm beside myself with this one, here I am in charge of buying and creating 4 scrapbooks for theOfficers Spouses Club here on base. I set out with my 40% off coupons in hand. I was going to purchase 4 of the beautiful K & Co. Air Force Albums are ya ready...they (the Air Force albums) have been discontinued and will no longer be available at my local Hobby Lobby store. They (the store) will how ever still carry and sell the Army, Navy, Marine and Coast Guard albums. HELLO, there's a major B-1 bomber base about 10 miles from this store...tons of spouses scrapbook out here! There is Camp Rapid but that's a very small National Guard base (no amenities) and it's not all that active. Marines? Navy? Coast Guard? There's no Navy, Marine or Coast Guard bases out here. In my opinion, the management is insane not to mention it's committing marketing suicide! Well I tell ya ladies this latest faux-pah with Hobby Lobby has left a bad taste in my mouth to be sure! I feel as if it's forcing me to shop at the smaller but more expensive local scrapbooking stores. I have a set budget and I want it to go as far as I can possibly stretch it. With this latest dealing with Hobby Lobby, I'll buy my staple items like adhesives and brads from them because they carry the brands that I use there. And lets face it...their 50% off sales can't be beat, not to mention that the other other 2 local scrapbooking stores can't possibly have sales like that and still stay in business. Other than that I'm shopping the little guy first!

If I haven't felt as if I was living in no man's land before when it came to being able to buying what I needed in basic scrapbooking supplies...don't even go there with trying to purchase the latest in scrapbooking supplies, I really do feel like that now!

No comments: