INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, July 03, 2006

Is your style recognized?

My friends make me smile when they say that they recognize my work right away. I remember the first time I heard that...I was working at Picture to Page in Yorktown VA and Ruth (a fellow scrapbook instructor) said to me..."Oh Sandie, I recognize your work right away" and my reply to my friend Ruth was "What? I have a style? And it's being recognized? When did I get a style?" . I still laugh when I think about this comment. Recently when I had invited the entire 34th Bomb Squadron Spouses group over for 8 weeks of Thursday Scrapbooking Sessions (to complete an album for our combined gift to the departing squadron commander and his wife) I happened to hear some funny comments when some of the ladies were looking through my albums....the best one being "how did she get the paper to look like that? What was it they were commenting on? I was wondering, so I looked to see what they were all gawking at (are ya ready?) It was paper tearing! How comical! None of them could believe that I just "tore" the paper...I had to show them what I did. They could hardly believe their eyes. Just thinking about this makes me smile!So what IS my style you wonder...as my friend Theresa says" it's Linear", as my friend Susan says "it's Clean Lines" and my words for describing my style (which I agree with both of my friends wholeheartedly) it's Both! I'm all about Clean Lines and focusing on the pictures". It's fair to say that Becky Higgins book "My Creative Companion" along with her other design sketch idea books has had a huge impact on how I look at scrapbooking. I love to work with cardstock and I don't stray into the realm of cutting my pictures into shapes, I prefer to have my pictures cut in either rectangles or squares. Although from time to time I will cut a pictures into circles (but I don't make a habit of it). There are times when I am feeling rather artsy fartsy and I get more elaborate in my layouts. Check out my webshots link located in my links and see what I'm about...

No comments: