INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, July 27, 2006

One more day then we leave!

I can not believe that I am down to the wire. One more day then we leave for our trip to Where ever the Air Plane takes us! Today is my daughter Hannah's 11th birthday (Happy Birthday Sweetheart). We spent the day getting things that we were unable to get last night. Sandals for her, a portable DVD player since we are flying on the NO frills airline, LOL! It's amazing how inexpensive those portable DVD players are now days. I'm quite satisfied with the price I paid today and it was a brand name no less. Now for me to test drive this thing to make sure it works before we drag it along on this trip.
The European power converter and plugs was quite the challenge to find. I thought that our base exchange would carry it, bit Noooooooooo .The other great challenge...finding sandals for an 11 year old that are flat! Now I can find them in varying degrees and all with heels, but she wants flat sandals. She's in that in-between stage/size 4 1/5 to 5 and let me tell you that is one hard size to find! Finally I was able to find a pair...her favorite brand too, Lands End. Sears actually had her size and they were 50% off. We got everything that we set out to find and it only took us from 9 am until 3 pm to get it all. Yes it's a fair assumption to say that we are tired!
I'm back to getting the laundry done and clothes picked out for the trip. Later on tonight I will start packing everything up. Tomorrow it's off to the Post Office to stop the mail, drop off the house key with a girlfriend and then on Saturday, Varooooooooom! We're off! We should be back sometime between the 10th and the 13th.

No comments: