INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Military Layouts

Most folks that I have met through scrapbooking generally assume that because I am married to a career military man that I have tons of military themed layouts under my belt. Well this may surprise you, I don't, or at least not in a sense that they or you think that I would. I'm not into using camouflage papers (oh heavens no) or store bought embellishments that resemble something military. I try to use actual items from my husbands uniform. It could be his old rank, ribbons or an old name tag. Badges are my favorite, especially Squadron patches, an old name tag from his flight suit or BDU's and the American Flag (I love the reverse flag). I don't care for the pseudo interpretation that some of the scrapbook companies have on the market for military insignia. Here's a news bulletin... the actual U.S. military patches (we're talking about the the real deal here) are less expensive than those embellishments marketed for military themed layouts, I find that rather funny. There are those laser cut flags and military insignia which are awesome! Memories in Uniform put those out, they also have laser cut airplanes that actually do look very close to the real things...I have the B-52 and the B-1 bombers, and am very pleased with how they turned out. They have many more laser cut military themed items for all branches of the US Armed Forces...go check them out! The one from K&Co for the Air Force that has the leather looking jacket with the flight helmet is okay...now only if they would make the jacket in a worn brown leather look...now that would be more authentic than the black that they have now.

With all this talk about military layouts, I'm feeling in the mood to scrap something from my ocean of military pictures. But don't you go thinking that I'm going to be doing it up in red white and blue or using a big sticker that says Air Force...it could be done in colors that you would be surprised with!

No comments: