INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Encouraging Words

My 1994 album is almost completed. Only a couple more layouts to re-work and it's done, Whew! Where the album had this sameness to it before, now it's energetic and alive! The best part about it though has to be the Encouraging Words that I've received from my husband and children about my work. Hannah has her mothers sense of sarcasm (and I love it) and loves to razz me on my old work. Her body language and the way she says things will have you cracking up with side splitting laughter! Andrew I think, just likes to look at the pictures of the places he's been to when he was a toddler. He tells me that he doesn't remember these places but enjoys seeing pictures of himself having a good time (hey isn't that what scrapbooking is about?). My husband (in not so many words) lets me know that he enjoys seeing my art blossom and grow. How amazing it is, that I can take a handful of pictures and create a piece of work that can be enjoyed by so many others.

I think that I chose the 1994 album to re-work because there were some great pictures in there that really needed to be seen in a "better light". The first thing I had to "re-work" was Andrew's birthday pages...then it became a full scale attack on the rest of the album! I have to say that I feel so much better knowing that my kids can now invite their friends to look the scrapbooks and not say...Yeah my Mom made this when she was in her Cave Man Art period, this was during her Renaissance Period (sticker and doodling art) and this is her enlightened Period, LOL! I can picture Hannah saying just that too!

No comments: