INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Wow do I have a lot of Pictures to Scrap!

Since I made the complete switch over from 35 mm to digital I have noticed a few things...the first one being that I'm not getting my photo's printed right away, so there's not this huge backlog of projects looking at me. The other is that I tend to take a great deal more photo's than I would have when using my 35 mm camera. I think that the pick and choose what I want to get printed and print them when I'm ready for them feature is becoming more and more appealing to me. When I got my first digital camera in December 2000, my husband was ready for me to switch over right then and there, but I wasn't ready to take that leap. I was still in love with my 35 mm camera and wasn't ready to put it out to pasture quite yet.
One thing that I had stopped doing early in 2002 when getting my 35mm film developed was the buying of the twin or triple pix printing packages. Why was I doing that? Not all of my pictures were going into scrapbooks, not to mention that I wasn't making 3 identical albums at once (sheesh heaven forbid!). Those extra pictures were just that extra...extra money and extra space being taken up in my craft room (where space is at a premium). So now I have these Rubber-Maid photo boxes jam packed with photo's (yes they are organized by month and year), lots of them are twin pix packages. My goal with making layouts from these pictures is to weed out and just toss the duplicate photo's. I have no real need for them, yet there they are, still hanging out in those photo boxes. I think that it's time for me to purge the duplicate photo's.
Recently one of my girlfriends told me that she was so far behind in her scrapbooking that she thought that she would never be caught up. She showed me her 3 small boxes of photo's...I had to hold myself back from laughing out loud. Her 3 small boxes paled in comparison to what I have a backlog of...7 or 8 of those Rubber-Maid photo storage boxes packed to maximum density PLUS all of the digital photo's that I've not had printed yet. I was once caught up with scrapbooking our family pictures, it was June 2000 (I remember it well). Then we put our house up for sale that month (June), moved across country in late September, was is a TLF for 30 whole days and I've never been caught up or up to date since! But is that really the goal? To be totally caught up? I dont know if I want to be caught up...where's the fun in it ya know?

No comments: