INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Using Large Photo's


I can't help but get excited when I have a new layout that is taking shape. To see the colors that seem to make the pictures come to life. I love to use large photo's, I figure one large beautiful picture that gets the point across to the reader/viewer is better than a half dozen redundant photo's. This newest layout of mine is no exception. I started getting into using large photo's a little over 3 years ago. I started with my children's school portraits and went on from there! I know that there are those who see my cutting down 8x10's and 5x7's as some sort of sacrilege, but hey...these are my photo's and I can do anything I want with them! Besides, I had tucked them all away in a folder where no one was seeing them. I only have room for so many picture frames on the walls of this little house, heck that goes for any house! So I might as well get them into an album. This layout you see is made from a photo that was taken by a professional photographer at our squadron's Christmas Formal. I knew that I was not going to put this picture into a frame, not that it's bad or anything but I knew that I would be making a scrapbook layout with it! I love how it turned out, it's just beautiful!

No comments: