INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Progressive Birthday Party

I was able to pull off the progressive birthday party for my daughter. We started with the girls arriving at 10:30am, opening birthday gifts at 10:45 am and then leaving here by 11 am to go out for lunch. It was funny to see which girls liked vegetables and which ones were total carnivores. We dined at the Mongolian Grill and it was sooooo yummy! After we were done we were off to go to Paint It Yours Pottery. The girls milled around the studio checking out all of the bisque pieces and they all decided on containers. I really got to see the girls personalities come out with this...just watching them paint and the various degrees of attention that they gave to their pieces. In this endeavour even I ended up with a container (mine was a pumpkin). I really look forward to seeing them after they have been fired (I also plan on taking pictures of the pieces for Hannah's scrapbook). Okay off we go to the next part of the progressive birthday party...back to the house to make Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes. This was a serious laugh riot! The girls had a great time making their own desserts. Now for the funny part, as I put the candles in Hanna's cake the candles were falling over...they were melting! Oh my gosh I couldn't stop myself fro laughing! The girls came in and saw this happening and they were all cracking up as well. This is one of those moment that will have to be journaled about. Now we've finished our cake and are off to the last leg of this adventure...swimming! Swim for an hour and a half and the kids are home by 5:15 ish. It was a day to remember, but one filled with fun!

Now for me to upload the pictures from the camera to the computer...these are going to be fun pictures to scrap!

No comments: