INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Using Rub-Ons

I love using rub-ons, they're a great way to enhance a layout or to add in a title or poem. There are so many different brands out on the market today too! So when I was contemplating a layout with a large photo I wanted to add in some words about how I felt while taking that picture. I was at a local scrapbooking store for a sale (with my 10 year old daughter Hannah...she's such an enabler) and we came across all kinds of wonderful rub-on's. This one is from the Diary Collection by EK Success. Oh my gosh it was so perfect for the way I was feeling about the picture and it conveyed the exact sentiment that I would have wanted to get across, and there it was neatly packaged for me to buy and bring home (I used it immediately).




Another layout that I had made recently was still looking a little blah and (to me) it still seemed as if it needed "something". So I'm tooling around in my scrapbook nook and then it hit me...get out those flower rub-on's, they'd be perfect with the background paper in this layout. A little snipping here and there and a rub rub rub and there it was! I felt a lot better about the layout and the rave reviews from my daughter and a couple of friends sealed it for me!




Now I do have to give a giggle when I see ladies buying those nifty rubbing tools priced at $5 to $10. I use my handy dandy sanded down popsickle stick. Why is it sanded down? It's so I won't get any splinters when I'm busy working hard on getting those rub-on's adhered to my layouts! Save those $$ and spend them on something else, like more rub-on's!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CUTE! You're so great with ideas and explanations! Thanks for sharing :)