INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, July 03, 2006

Reworking Old Layouts...

Looking at some of my old layouts just makes me cringe! All I can say is that I must have been on some sort of hallucinogenic drugs to think that they looked good. Some of my older stuff I like and others...I must have been in some crazed state of mind slapping pictures onto those white strap hinge pages, ugh! I'm reworking the album from 1994. There are some terrific pictures from the 2 week vacation my toddler son Andrew and I spent at Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota visiting my husband (who, was TDy here for the summer with the B-1 readiness program). Andrew was not quite 2 years old and he was amazed with everything!

I have to laugh and tell you all about the comment I got recently from my dear friend Theresa (this woman can make me laugh). We were talking about when we got started scrapbooking, how the industry has changed and so forth. She made this comment about the time frame when I got into scrapbooking as calling it the "Stone Ages". Back when the only colored cardstock you could get (I was lucky enough to live near a Michael's Arts and Crafts store) was Red, Orange, Yellow, Green...you get the picture. And there were not those wonderful in-between shades we take for granted today, it was the ROYGBIV colors and that was it! Oh not to mention that cardstock only came in 8 1/2 x 11..nice huh?

So there I was, looking at this old album and saying..."Good Grief girlfriend! How on this planet could you think that "THIS" was "Good?" I gave a small chuckle and Yup, you guessed it! I decided to take the plunge and dive into this album. I felt a strong desire to create something new and fresh with the old pictures. I've amazed myself with what I have transformed those old layouts into something new and fresh. The before and after pictures are like night and day to say the least.

No comments: