INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, August 28, 2009

Autumn

Autumn is in the air. It's the chill in the morning air, the smell of wood being burned in fireplaces and leaves that have been raked into piles with children jumping into them. It's got me thinking about apples being made into yummy things such as apple pie, apple sauce, apple butter and apple cider. I love the rich colors of fall- although I've yet to see those colors here in England.

Soon my children will be starting at their new school here in England. I wonder if mothers here have the same feeling as mothers in the United States. Feeling sad that summer vacation is over but happy that their children will be starting new adventures. I've never felt more nervous about my children starting school than I do now. They have an hour long bus ride each way and school doesn't get out until 5 pm-ugh! I'm trying not to think about it. My wish for them is for them to be able to adjust to the new school quickly, to take every opportunity to make new friends and to just be themselves. There are only 6 more days until school starts!

No comments: