INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, August 03, 2009

I feel honored

I have received this award from Judith- please go take a peek at her blog- tons of crafty goodness going on there! There are oodles of other sites linked to her pages as well.

For me, working with fabrics and doing paper crafts is a stress reliever. I enjoy helping others to build their self esteem through small simple accomlipments- be it through paper crafting, cooking, gardening or simply through inspirational talks. Right now my sewing machines are in storage back in South Dakota and I need to buy one for the UK. My paper trimmers (I own 7 of them-why so many? I use them when I teach classes) are all in transit. I can kick myself for not having shipped one. I set one aside for me to ship to myself but the packing people got to it first and so I have to wait. I've looked at buying a paper trimmer more than once but so far I'm doing okay without one. Although I'd really like to get back into stamping and making my own greeting cards.

So today I decided I'm going to hunt up some of those half finished counted cross stitching kits and start working on them. I have more than one crafting habit...might as well kick it into gear and get over this feeling of boredom that overcomes me in the early morning hours.

So it's thanks to Judith and so many others that give me crafting inspiration!

2 comments:

Judith said...

Sandie you are very welcome.
I have really enjoyed your blog I dont know if it is my interest in all things American or the Forces thing. ( My husband was a regular and is now in the TA. ) I guess it is a combo of both and a lot more. Whatever it is, I think you blog is beautiful. x

Sandie said...

Judith, you my dear are a true gem!
-Sandie