INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Getting Ready

Here at the Grisé household it's back to school time.

For our son it's his last year of High School, 12th grade or better known as his Senior Year or as it is here in England it's year 13. He'll be wearing a real men's 2 or 3 piece suit, dress shirt with tie and dress shoes to school every day-WOW! What a difference from his school wardrobe of last year of t-shirts, polo shirts a couple of pairs of Dockers and 6 pairs of jeans, LOL! Last year I think that I spent a total of $350 on his clothes and this year lets say that I've spent considerably more. The school does not carry these items at it's clothing shop- all of this had to be bought out on the economy. I'm so glad that I had the good sense to get those suits before we left Rapid City. I ordered his Oxford shirts online from LL Bean. Everything else has been bought here in England.

For our daughter, she's starting the 9th grade or what is better known as her Freshman Year , here in the UK it's 10th year and the 5th form. For her, it's school uniforms during the day and in the afternoon it's dark blue jeans with the school polo shirt and sweat shirt. The school has a specific uniform and you can only get those items for the uniform at their uniform shop- minus the navy blue tights, the back dress shoes, the dark blue denim trousers/jeans and headbands.

Now for the other things...dental appointments for, check ups, mouth guards and teeth cleanings. Hair cuts for the kids- my boy especially needs his mop trimmed up! I'm going to take before and after pictures of him...this will be fun to see.

I miss having my scrapbooking supplies and picture printer here with me. I'm going to have a virtual TON of photographs to scrap in November!

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

It will be different, but I hope they really enjoy school. The pressure of nothavng to work out what to wear is a blessing if you ask me!!