INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, August 27, 2009

In Love with Crafting

No matter how I look at it, I'm simply in love with crafting of any kind! I'm looking at the new Thimbleberries kit club for 2010 and I'm in awe! I see new colors of Bazzill cardstock and I'm in awe. New thread colors...yes it all makes me say WOW!

My first crafting love was needlework. I started stitching (embroidery) when I was 8 years old and loved it! I did it off an on (more off than on). I didn't pick it back up again until after I was married. On cold winters days in Maine (our first base together) I could be found snuggled up underneath a warm blanket or quilt, stitching away. Heck you can find me doing that now! From baby blankets to baby bibs, Christmas ornaments and more! My friend Lori showed me how true joy was to be achieved through working on Aida cloth and doing counted cross stitching. A couple of assignments later I met Susan and she showed me hand dyed threads, oooh whee! Needlework has never been the same since!

My friend Kathy recently posted pictures of her needlework on her facebook page and it's given me the itch to stitch!

Be it stamping, scrapbooking, quilting, needlework or my Fiesta-ware pottery -it's all got a theme...the Rainbow. It's color that captives me, it fuels my imagination and ignites my desire to create, it's color that inspires me and color that makes me happy!

It's looking at something as lovely a flower and saying to myself- I want to pull those colors and put them in my dining room or the kitchen. It's seeing something in nature and making it part of my indoor world.

No comments: