INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, August 31, 2009

What a weekend!

Talk about being BUSY! This weekend was a go here go there kind of weekend. My DH took our son to a sporting goods store in Oxford to get last minute items that he will need in order to play Rugby. Yes, you can only imagine the look on MY face when our son tells us he's interested in playing Rugby. State side, this kids didn't really have a great interest in sports, American football- no, Soccer-no, Track and Field-no. We get here and suddenly he wants to play Rugby- okay by me. At least it's something he's interested in trying.

I've got everything ironed and ready for the kids to wear to school. It looks as if the book bags that I bought may not be big enough for them. Apparently there's a lot of stuff for them to bring back and forth to school...the majority of it being clothing, LOL!


Saturday afternoon/early evening we attended out first wedding here in England. It was for the son of a couple we are friends with here at Croughton. It was charming! The reception afterwards was truly fitting for these new married couple.

Sunday- it's church as usual and then after church I went with friends to an antique shop in a nearby town. All I have to say is WOW! I had the best time with them. And the shop was huge! There are sections of it that I didn't have a chance to explore. Carina and I plan on going back there- that place was really neat and both of us agreed that Joan took us to our new favorite store!

I'm learning more about Portmeirion pottery and the different hallmarks or back stamps. This place had all sorts of pottery, furniture, glassware, linens and more! Antique dolls and teddy bears,flatware, cookware and knick knacks galore! You could spend hours in there and still not see everything. Here are my treasures that I bought at the Antique Shop...3 Portmeirion teacups with saucers, a really cool butter dish and I didn't get a picture of it (but I will) of the green jasper ware Wedgwood trinket box that I bought for Hannah (it's really goes with the quilt that I made her and the all around theme to her bedroom).







No comments: