INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The laughter of children

I did bring my camera yesterday and I had every intention of taking pictures while my children were busy being fitted for their new school clothes. But alas I'm also a mother who has a heart, LOL!
We did laugh pretty darn hard at Hannah's antics while trying on her new gym clothes-the skirt and shorts thing she has to wear for PE is pretty darn funny! And lets not leave out my boy- Andrew will have to suffer with shorts that are indeed quite a bit shorter than what he is used to wearing (he does not like the fact that his knees are showing). I told the kids that "everyone" at their school is wearing the same thing so they can stop acting as if they are the only ones who feel silly wearing the new clothes- yes, my kids are dorks but I love them none the less. The really funny part is how there seems to be an outfit for everything- just what I want...more laundry, LOL!

After leaving the school with 3 huge bags crammed full of new school clothes for Hannah and a few meager pieces of gym clothes for Andrew, we left and went to have lunch at our favorite restaurant in Deddington- Pudding Face.



Here's Andrew being himself- he had us cracking up!

This isn't the best picture of Hannah, she's soaked from the rain and hair is still a wreck from trying on sooooo many articles of clothing. But we're here together laughing at one another and having fun being silly. The time I spent with my children was priceless!

3 comments:

Anne said...

I love photos like this - they capture a moment much better than any formal posed shot of everyone in their finery!

Your post brought back memories of shopping for school uniforms!

Julia Dunnit said...

Despite the washing, you'll come to love uniform..no worries about waht to wear every day, no pressure to conform to ridiculous and expensive fashion fads and sometime the kids look great in them! Sounds like a great day. Priceless.

Judith said...

Glad that the day went well and you all enjoyed what could be seen as an ordinary day. Would love to see them all dressed up on the first day. x