INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Self Esteem

I'm the kind of person that likes to help others learn how to help themselves. It comes from the God's lesson of..."Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime". I like to help others build or rebuild self esteem. Everyone has it in themselves to be able to shine, to take pleasure in the simple things.

I've always had this drive to learn more about things. I'm not a professional student by any means (that's one who is always taking college courses but doesn't have a degree). What I am is someone who dives in and hits the books when she wants to know/learn more about something. I immerse myself in it! Like all of those chef classes I took while in South Dakota. Now I can cook circles around my friends...but the true joy is in teaching my friends how they can do it too! And it's because of all of that, I'm writing a cookbook :-)

One of my goals here is to have more interactive hands on classes available for those that wish to learn to do something, be it scrapbooking, card making, quilting, cooking, or learning to use your husbands power tools while he's deployed so you do that "do it yourself" work around the house. To gain self esteem through the completion of small tasks that you once thought were hard.

Take it one step at a time and you'll get there! Once the kids are back in school I plan to start teaching classes of all sorts!

1 comment: