INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, August 23, 2009

The high price of crafting

I'm loving England, but I have to say that crafting supplies are on the expensive side. I've found only 2 places that sell fabric and I won't be buying any at either place. Once I do the exchange rate lets just say that paying over $16.00 a yard/meter is twice as much as I'd ever pay for the same thing back in the US. I'd like to know why Makower UK fabric is so expensive here in the UK and is half the price in the US? What gives?

I'm still searching for a sewing machine. I haven't broken down to buy one yet. There always seems to be something else that takes center stage. Something else that needs to be bought- coats or school items for the kids, computer stuff, food, gas, a vacuum and so forth.

Today I'm going to get creative if it kills me! I want to be making cards, I want to be quilting, I want to be doing something besides thinking about these things. But I also don't want to spend any money to do these things. I have 42 boxes of crafting supplies coming to me that were packed in My Scrapbook Nook back in South Dakota, not to mention all the crafting stuff that I had stored underneath of the stairs. So I'm going to be set for quite some time.

Now...what to create?

2 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

tagging UK onto their name just means Makower has a presence here; put money on the fact that they don't produce here and like most 'stuff' the cost of transport, import and storage is reflected hugwly in the prices. But ooh, when your packed up Scrapbook Nook arrives!! Meantime, why not try and find a couple of classesor groupd to keep you going!

Sandie said...

You're so very right Julia! The shipping and storage is outrageous anywhere! Now the prices for made in England pottery and china MORE than make up for fabric and crafts :-) My husband realized that I've bought a couple of "sets" of dishes. Little does he know that I've only just started on getting the pottery that I've been wanting for YEARS!