INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, September 14, 2007

Ah Friday, dear sweet Friday is finally here. I've been waiting all week for this day to get here :-)

Lots going on as usual...this morning is a little more special. There's the opening of the Finance Center on base and that's a BIG "to-do". The Secretary of the Air Force Mr. Michael Wynne is out here plus Senator John Thune and Congresswoman Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin. Yup this is going to be something alright! So with that ...I've got to put on something dressy for this fine occasion.

After attending the opening of the Finance center I'll be heading over to the base Thrift Shop to finish what I started yesterday...clearing out old stuff. It's amazing how much stuff can accumulate in that little store. But I've got plans for it to be cleaner/neater/more organized than it ever has been. Bringing in that 1000 count box of plastic bags that I bought at Sam's Club was the first step in getting rid of all of those paper and plastic bags people keep bringing in for us. I'll just be taking it all over to the recycle bin and getting our store cleared out of spiders, their webs and other little icky things that have accumulated over time.

Meanwhile back at the Ranch...I've got to get things put away here at the house. I've concentrated all of my efforts on getting the Thrift Shop organized and cleaned up that my house has suffered a bit this week. I come home and am tired and would just like to rest. Hannah and I watched some Home Improvement shows last night...and one was MORE interesting that the other. Oh my word I loved them all! One of my favorites is "Designed to Sell". Those folks know their business! I love how they improve things and changed things around, help the home owners to get the highlights of their home shown off in such brilliant ways! Most times it's using what the home owners already have and added a touch of color to the walls. Other times it's clearing away massive amounts of kid clutter (a.k.a. toys) changing out some furniture or adding furniture to a room. It's amazing what little things they do add up to such a huge fantastic look change in the room. Now for me to get on the ball and get something done with this house. I've got Andrew's room done, my Scrapbook Nook done and our Master Bedroom done...now for me to finish the rest of the house! I've been dragging my feet on window treatments, I've got my sewing machine out, now to finish up some projects for the windows. I'm going to get the big Sash done this weekend for the main window in my formal dining room. I've got to put the liner in the panels for the family room curtains and get them hung up. Hannah's room- well I need to design something for her room and nothing has popped up in my head other than designing and making applique valances and those will be a lot of work. Lets not even talk about the dining area off of the kitchen...still no clue as to what I will do in there or in the kitchen. I had at one time bought a Roman shade for the kitchen but it was the wrong size and I took it back to the store- never did buy another one.

Well the kids are off and that's my Que to get ready for the day. I've got to pack a bag with a change of clothes as I don't want to work in high-heels all day long.

No comments: