INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dealing with disappointment

I was so bothered and upset yesterday that I couldn't blog about it. It seemed that yesterday was to be filled with disappointment. But I suppose it's all in how you (me in this case)looks at it.

The Air Force Ball is on Saturday not that this has anything to do with me personally but wait....it effects my Thursday evening plans. I get a call yesterday from the Dakotas Club letting me know that we do not have the room for our function that we have made our reservations for the 27th. Okay so what do I do now? Apparently there was some oversight on the club managers part I know that we made the reservation for the banquet room for the 20th. My word against his...especially when he never got me a contract so basically I'm screwed. Thank the Lord my dear friend (and current OSC 1st VP) was at my home for scrapbook group (another story in it's self). As I'm standing there with egg on my face thinking...great! I've got to contact 50 people and let them know what's going on...most who have had to get baby sitters and make arrangements for child care. I felt bad, really bad. It's been this on going struggle with the club to get us prices on anything...and finally I got prices $8.oo for vegetarian kabobs and $10.50 for chicken kabobs. So he gets me prices after I've asked him a dozen times, had the VP get on him about prices at least that many times, nice! I'm not one to have my husband fight my battles, I deal with Tri-care (military health care program for dependants) and other military related issues all on my own. But I've hit a brick wall and am not getting anywhere with the club. We have a standing agreement...our group will host a function at the club every 3rd Thursday, we are guaranteed MOOLA and what happens...we get the shaft that's what happens. It's as if we aren't given the priority that we deserve. WE are a guaranteed paycheck and we get treated as if we do not matter. Enough is enough...I called in the big guns on this one and am getting commanders and deputy commanders involved. I've had it with the lack of communication and the lack of common courtesy. I'm so thankful for my girlfriends who helped me to get people notified that our function is now on the 27th. There's Kim who has helped me through my terrible day, there's Irene that sent out the mass e-mails to the club members, the squadron commanders spouses that got the information out to their people down to my dear sweet friend Heidi who has this way about her. I love talking to Heidi about life and that thing we call the Air Force. I was pretty much fed up with being lied to from the club, felt like a failure because I couldn't come right out and be a bitch and get in the face of the club manager (as much as I really wanted to be like that I just couldn't do it) and I was feeling rather overwhelmed with the entire week that I had laid out for myself.

So in the end I have this....things happen for a reason. We may not know why (at the time) they happen but as the day and event unfolds it becomes clearer as to why. I think that God knows things about us that not even we know...until he shows it to us. He answers prayer in such a way as to be mysterious and when you look back upon it you realize that is some off the wall way your prayer or prayers were answered. Obviously it's not always in a manner in which we think it is an answer to your prayers but when we take the time to sit back and reflect on the matter or situation...it really was the Lord dealing with it in his own way. I think that God has a sense of humor, at least when he deals with me :-) He has given me some of the best and loyal friends I could have ever asked for, ones to help me through the rough patches and ones to share the best of times with. I cried my eyes out several times yesterday but through it all, I knew that somehow everything would work out.

Scrapbook group...oh wasn't that one a joke. When you get 5 people e-mailing you that they will be there...and no one shows up, that's disappointing. But in the end it did work out for the best because we ended up having to make oodles of phone calls. So as it was having no one come was a good thing after all.

I couldn't deal with calling and talking to the club manager and the food manager so I had Kim do it. So what did I do? Cooking is such a HUGE stress reliever for me so I made a couple of quiches! An asparagus & onion quiche and a bacon & onion quiche- oh my word they are so YUMMY!!! Why is it that things that give others stress (like cooking) I find relieve my tensions? I could have cooked up a storm yesterday but left it to being 2 quiches instead. Maybe it's the chopping up the of veggies with a very sharp knife then searing them in a very hot pan, LOL!

Today I'm going into the Thrift Shop to be around people that make me happy. I'm bringing the quiches that I made yesterday and we're going to have a picnic style lunch with real plates and flat ware, real napkins and so forth. I'm going to let them know just how much they are appreciated and loved...by me. Because if there is anything that I really know about in the world...it's that you should let those around you know how much they mean to you and show it in your own special way :-)

No comments: