INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, September 10, 2007

It's almost Monday

It's late Sunday night and uncharacteristically, I find myself up and wide awake at this late hour. Actually I was in bed by 9pm with the lights out and awoke due to needing to chomp on some antacids. I hate it when that happens. Acid reflux is just plain nasty when it happens to you, especially when you're sleeping!

Saturday was a day of leisure, okay for some, others had to work at home getting laundry done amid taking care of a sick child and being sick themselves. I am feeling loads better (head cold wise) but this acid reflux is kicking my butt!

Since it looks as if I'm going to be up for a while I'm going to get some things done on the computer...like compile my notes and get this months edition of a home owners association news letter written. Maybe I'll get out that Harry Potter book and start reading it again (I'm only up to page 108 and have been for quite some time).

I just realized that I have myself scheduled for something every single day for the week of the 17th- yikes! I am a busy person aren't I? LOL! Loads of stuff going on each and every day...I even have my first big Bingo debut for OSC...Backyard BBQ Bingo I'm hoping that it goes well).

While at church today I learned that our Priest IS NOT going to be deployed after all. You see, he had an accident in his home where he seriously injured his knee which now requires surgery. I volunteered to head up a committee to bring him meals while he is recovering. We have more then enough able bodied folks that can make and freeze a meal portion for him. We can fill his freezer full of delicious home made meals ready to be heated up at a moments notice. As you can tell, I have a high regard for our Priest- he is a likable gentle soul- who like any of us wants to feel loved and needed. My time is so divided with the things I do for the OSC that any more volunteering that puts me being away from my home and family IS going to interfere with my home life. But making meals and bringing them to a friend who needs some TLC...that just takes me getting up in front of our congregation and appealing to them as a family unit- not a problem! It's all about getting people together to help one who does so much for us and asks so little in return.

In case some of you are wondering...there are 105 days until Christmas...better get on making those Christmas cards now or you'll be like me- full of good intentions of making them then realize that you're out of time and have to buy them from a store.

No comments: