INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sale...it's a 4 letter word

that strikes fear into the hearts of men. As Kim and I headed out for the moving out of here closing our doors sale at the scrapbook store I thought about my husband who thinks that sales never save him any money. I went to see what the store owner and manager had out out for this sale...I bought a few pieces of paper for an upcoming altered project, some foam letter stamps and some tools. I adore tools! The rest of the stuff...I let the rest of the crowd oh and aaahhh over it as I knew what it was...OLD merchandise. Actually, I was VERY surprised to see all of that old stuff there. Personally speaking a great deal of that old stuff at the sale was stuff that I had donated to the collection box that they had for Hospice House donations. I'm not staying that the stuff on the shelves was the stuff that I had personally donated, what I am saying that it was the same merchandise- and it was OLD!

There must have been 20 cars in the parking lot and 30 or more of us waiting to get into the store. The average sale was around $50 to $60, Kim and I were right there in that price range too. QuicKutz dies at 60 to 80% off...who could resist? Certainly not us, LOL! We also bought these cool magnetic note boards these will be our projects to make while at the Crop for the Cure next month. Now I did go with intentions of buying items for the crop to give away as door prizes but alas, there was nothing in there that I could have bought to put together as kits- the owner made darn sure that she had paper there but not one single sheet of cardstock was to be had! She had a lot of paper that was getting rid of and it was mainly funky stuff with a few good pieces in between, maybe that's why I only bought a handful (like 8 pieces max).

I spent my time with a wonderful friend today and we had a blast! I took her into my favorite little furniture store in town (the nude furniture store). Kim found the perfect piece of furniture for her craft room- and I want one too! I'll have to take pictures of it the next time I go in and post it here. Basically it's an island that's meant to go in a kitchen, it's got great storage and on the opposite side there's the over hang where bar stools or a drafting chair can go. It's waist high so a great heights for working at while standing.

Now I'm off for a fun day at the Thirft Shop!

No comments: