INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, September 24, 2007

Life...it's what happens when you make other plans

OH how that saying rings true for me :-) I know that I've said this at least a hundred times...who would have ever thought that I'd be so darn busy? Every single day there's something going on...someone to see or something that has to be scheduled. Today is no different. To be honest, I wish that I had a little more free time.

Here's something that I haven't mentioned but will now...my husband is having eye surgery today. Yup he's getting that corrective surgery so he no longer has to wear glasses or contacts. When it comes to poking in your eyeballs...no thanks! I hate going to the eye doctor and getting that glaucoma test (it whigs me out). Obviously I don't wear contact lenses and I only have to use reading glasses when I'm tired. My husband has been talking about having this corrective eye surgery for years and now he's finally getting it done. I'm happy for my husband, but Eeewwww! Surgery on my eyeballs is just one of those things that will NEVER happen! My mother-in-law is there with him (they're in Colorado), she'll be taking care of her eldest son for a week and driving him back home this week. I think that she relishes this time with her son and likes the fact that she is truly needed.

Meanwhile back on the Ranch...I've been dealing with situations pertaining to school aged teenagers. Andrew lost his cell phone somewhere in the house. I've been looking for it for a week now with no luck. I gave him the "talk" about not being responsible for his belongings and so forth, offered a $20 cash reward to Hannah to help to find her brothers phone. She had no sympathy for him in that matter what so ever so I thought that offering her a cash reward would bring her into the hunt. Are you ready for where it was found? I shake my head...Andrew found it, in was in a pocket of his dress slacks for JROTC. Yup he put on his pants and there it was, LOL! Dead as a door nail but there it was. Got it plugged into the charger for 20 minutes before he and Hannah left for school. But the good part is that now my teenage son has a shockingly CLEAN bedroom. Hannah's bedroom on the other hand (insert eye roll here)...well lets not go there right now.

I had the kids prepare dinner last night. I put the chicken into the hot skillet and let the kids take it from there. I let them know that they were cooking dinner. What was dinner? Chicken Tacos. Not once did I go back into the kitchen to see what was going on. I let them know that they could call me in the phone intercom and ask me questions but the rest was totally on them. They did a pretty good job at getting the meal together. Now for the other part...cleaning up. Apparently they didn't hear the part about cleaning up after themselves. So here I am this morning with a kitchen that needs to be scrubbed down. They made a little bit of a mess but nothing that isn't easy to clean. I've got a dishwasher full of dishes plus a 10 inch deep sink full (only 1 side though). So once the first load is done, I'll unload and fill it again. I'll try them again on making dinner this week- this time making it perfectly clear about cleaning up after themselves in the kitchen.

Now for the repairman from Jeld-Wen windows to show up. I'm not very happy with the kind of customer service I've received from that company. Especially when the 2 people I'm dealing with (the repairman and the customer service agent at the company) are ignorant to my needs. We will have been here in this home for 6 months on the 30th- and still no screens on the 2 front windows (a total for 4 screens) plus having a damaged screen door for the sliding class door- ugh! Well this week since it's been so unseasonably warm I've had to open the kitchen window- only to discover that the screening is not attached at the bottom of the screen frame- nice! So now I have to deal with those dorks a while longer for them to fix that. What really chaps me is that I was told "uh yeah I've had your window screens for about 6 weeks now but was waiting on the screen door to arrive before I came out again". AUGH! Like it would have broke the bank for you to make 2 service calls. I could have really used to have my screens so I could have opened the windows versus having to use the A/C to cool my house. The windows from this company are nice but the customer service is the worst! I didn't pick out the windows so I didn't have a say is which company they would come from but I do have to say that the two past homes we bought had Anderson Windows and their customer service was top notch! I had a problem they had someone in a quick manner at my house at a time that would work for me. They were professional and didn't put their knee through a window seat-Which reminds me I need to call the drywall people and the repair guy for the fiberglass bathtub. Where are these people? They should have been here weeks ago to fix this stuff that I had on our fix it list when we moved in here!

I have a list a mile long of people I need to call- I've got to call all of the ladies from Lunch bunch and see who is coming and who is not coming, plus calling the repair people and figure out when they are going to come out to my house. I need to finish the laundry clean towels would be nice., vacuum the house, get the guest room ready for my m-i-l. My list goes on and on and on. I think that I'll have some more coffee before I do anything more :-)

Well I JUST got a call from the high school...need to run out there for something (I"ll give you all the scoop on that one later). It's interesting to say the least.

No comments: