INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, September 07, 2007

My Friday...

It's Friday and it's not like I had anything major planned- but I'm here at home with my daughter who has that horrible head cold that seems to be making it's way through the schools right now. My girlfriend down the street has it and I know that she is just miserable right now. My poor child looks so pale, she has bags and dark circles under her eyes, her eyelids are swollen and puffy and she walks around with a tissue box in hand. She has a slight fever and I had her put on some fresh clean jammies after her shower so she can at least feel a little better. Part of me thinks that the shower made her feel worse because she was hacking up a storm once she got out of the bathroom.

The down side to being a parent who is taking care of a sick child at home is this... it's that now I'm starting to feel rather crummy- runny nose, watery eyes and a pounding sinus headache. And to think that I was feeling fine this morning...ah the life of a SAHM will the wonders ever cease? I laugh just thinking about it.

I think that dinner tonight will be... from Pizza Hut. I can tell ya right now, there's not going to be any cooking going on around here today beyond the obligatory "feel good/get well soon brownies".

No comments: