INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Cooking makes me Happy!

I forgot to add in some of the details about yesterday...we were booted from the 20th and told that we could have our function on the 27th due to some sort of over sight on the part of the club. The Air Force Ball is on Saturday and frankly it's because of it that we can't have our function tonight. It's frustrating but I'll get over it. Part of being married to someone in the military is having to be flexible...I'm bending over backwards on this one. My other issues are; not getting the costs of our menu items. I've been dealing with this for months! I made arrangements for this meal back in July and didn't get a price on it until Wednesday- the afternoon before the event, AUGH!!! Then there's being lied to, I really dislike liars. Tell the truth, it's much easier to keep up the story if it's TRUE. It especially erks me when someone lies to cover their butt, it's such a sorry excuse. Just confess that you screwed up and move on, no lies needed.

Working at the Thrift Shop all of the great ladies who volunteer their time was just what I needed! I can not believe how much work we were able to accomplish the store looks fantastic! I left feeling energized and most of all...I was HAPPY!

So what do I do when I'm happy? I cook! Okay so I've been wanting to cook Indian food- I've been craving it for a few days now. So I had to get some special Indian spices in order to create these fantastic dishes. So where do I go to buy them? Certainly not Albertson's or Safeway that's for sure! I drive down town to Curry Masala a wonderful little Indian restaurant in Rapid City...oh my gosh it smelled like heaven in there! A wonderful gentleman helped me to select the spices on my shopping list...I came home and made 2 different Indian dishes and both were out of this world YUMMY! I'm going to bring some to the store tomorrow and share it with who ever is working. Yes it's spicy but not overly hot spicy like some Tex-Mex foods can be. This was aromatically spicy- cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, garam masala, channa masala and fresh grated ginger, garlic and more! I'll be sharing the recipes on my food blog http://mycookbooknook.blogspot.com/

No comments: