INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Being in 2 places at once...

Today is one of "those" days...you know- where you have to be in 2 places at once. I get a call from the fiberglass repairman last night telling me that he can be here first thing in the am. Okay I said, knowing full well that my son had an orthodontic appointment at the same time. The last time I tried to get this repairmen here to fix the bathtub was over 2 months ago! He finally called me back and well I grabbed that time slot...who knew when he'd "squeeze" me in to his schedule.

So as the day unfolds...I get my husband to stay here and he missed 2 meetings that he was supposed to be in. I'm driving our son downtown to an appointment with the orthodontist and guess what...there's a 2 car accident right there on the on ramp to the freeway. I had to take a detour and snake through the boondocks of Box Elder to get to the highway- got to love road construction and car accidents. I get my husband to call the orthodontist office to let them know that I could be late. Our poor son is in the chair for way longer than I thought he would be...boy comes out telling me how the doctor did some laser removal of some tissue in his mouth. The Doctor comes out says hello to me and that was it. Not a single professional in that office told me or informed me in any manner that they did anything other than to switch out wires on Andrews' braces.

Meanwhile back at the ranch my husband is waiting patiently for me to get home. I've got things to do as I have another OSC function tomorrow. No one has gotten back to me with numbers on how many people are attending the function (I was supposed to have that information on Monday). As I've been saying all along...as with any job you are only as good as the people you have working with you and for you. And right now I don't feel as if I've got a good team. I get so stressed out the week before an event, the week of the event I'm a wreck and up to a full week after the event I still feel stressed out. This is not what I had signed up for. I have members upset with me because they don't want to come if they have to get dressed up in a Halloween costume. All I have to say is..."I you don't want to dress up then don't". No one said that this is strictly a dress up event...I feel sorry for them as they are going to miss all of the fun! I"m going to put together the goody bags and just enjoy my time with my girlfriends.

My bathtub is repaired and it looks like NEW! The fiberglass repairman did an excellent job! Now for me to grab a spot of tea and head off to the mall to get some great goodies for our gift bags for tomorrows function!

No comments: