INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Optimistic or Pessimistic?

Some days I'm a little of both. Do you look at your glass as half empty or half full? For me I, prefer to view it as being half full with a big ole bottle of red wine standing by to fill it up :-)

My day to day life is not without it's ups and downs, But no matter what I try to see the humor in things. Take my son Andrew and the recent event where he tried to donate all of our hats, gloves and scarves. I can't stay mad long when I know that he was trying to do something "good" for others that are less fortunate. He did come home from school on Thursday to show off his new service ribbons:-) He gave me a big hug and thanked me for my help with the coat drive. He makes me so proud! He has such a big heart and loves to help out people. His group was able to collect 280 coats- of which they will be distributing to needy families today.

I brought both of my children to work at the Thrift Shop on Friday. They got to see just how truly busy we are and how we provide a much sought after service. I like to show my children that they do have a good life, that there are families that don't have the comforts that we have. Andrew has volunteered at the homeless shelter preparing and serving meals. Hannah always grabs a few starts from the Angel Tree at church and is the one that gets me started on the Toy Drive for the 1st Sergeants Association. If there's anything that I hope to give to my children it's to have a giving heart. To be generous not only with money but with their time. To be optimistic...that they have the ability to make a difference.

No comments: