INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, October 08, 2007

Crop for the Cure

Who doesn't like to go to a crop where you have your own table, are served fantastic home made Italian food and have it followed up with an out of this world chocolate dessert and door prizes galore?

I was getting worried that I would not have very many folks attending the crop. I advertised at the base thrift shop and through speaking at OSC functions plus having a blurb in the EE (our OSC monthly newsletter). I had sign up sheets passed around at out last function- which only got me 7 people wanting to attend. I was getting worried that no one wanted to come, I thought that $25 was very reasonable for what everyone would be getting(food, drinks, a small make & take project and a donation to the Susan G Komen foundation). Well as it ends up, there were 10 of us! I want to thank my good friends Cindy, Peggy and Kim and my new friend Beth for contributing items for door prizes. Those items combined with the items that I had purchased for the crop received many Oohs and Aaahs from each person who checked out the table where they were displayed. Everyone in attendance won at least 1 door prize, some more than one- how awesome is that? :-) And no it wasn't rigged, it's just how it ended up- I love it!

I'll be sharing some pictures from the event stand by...

No comments: