INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Thanksgiving Traditions

I prefer to make my own traditions...so with that I make chocolate cake. My family members are just crazy about it, so I try to make some sort of fancy schmancy cake to wow them. I personally prefer a spiral cut honey ham but the rest of my little clan prefers TURKEY. With time and practice, I have come up with a combination of herbs that I rub inside and out on the bird and slow roast him to perfection. Then it's on to my roasted garlic mashed potatoes (yes there's a trick to making them as well)- never boil the water while the potatoes are in it, rather make it a slow bubble so the potatoes won't fall apart and become a soupy mess. Keep the skin on the potatoes while boiling too as it helps them to not fall apart. Gravy...there's only one kind we eat at this house and it's the white country gravy and it comes in a packet, LOL! None of that pan drippings stuff here-eeew! I can do without the thought of pouring grease on my spuds and turkey thank you very much!

 

Now if I really had it my way...I'd cook us up some wonderful rustic Italian, Indian, Spanish or German meal for us all. Anything but the obligatory turkey dinner!

 

No comments: