INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Is it a full moon or what???

Okay it's Tuesday and we were out the door swamped with consignees and shoppers! I knew it was going to be busy when I drove up and saw 5 cars parked out front at 9 am. We had over 20 folks consigning items to sell and it was nonstop BUSY! For the first couple of hours it was just the 2 of us, Heidi and me. To add to the chaos, I managed to make the computer in the consignment area freeze up and then computer in the front end to freeze up (I'm gifted in that manner) and then every pen I tried dried up and every pencil I pulled out to write with broke. I think that gremlins were hard at work trying to get me to have a bad day. Then I dropped a spring form pan and bent it-augh!!!!!! Some days I wonder why I even get out of bed, LOL!

I find out that my latest philanthropic drive for the Airmen and Family readiness center was almost a lost cause. Apparently I did not know that they no longer accept donations of baby items...even though they are constantly requested. I think that was a stupid thing to do- to get rid of a program that really helps out families in need. BUT...a wonderful lady named Sue came into the thrift shop today and I had her take the items I had collected and give them to a needy family. I felt bad because we didn't get very much in the way of donations but I need to look at the bigger picture- every item we collected last Thursday can help a family in such a big way.

So after a hectic day I need to unwind...time for me to whack at some vegetables with a sharp knife and create something YUMMY!

No comments: