INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, October 22, 2007

Let me make you laugh today

Bugs creep me out like no one knows...and these Box Elder bugs are pretty darn creepy looking! What I find amazing is how we've lived out here for 4 years and I've never really noticed these insects until now...you know now that we're home owners. These bugs just seem to like our house, but only the south facing parts. YUCK!!! So now for me to look for an effective poison to rid my house of these unsightly insects! Who would want to ring the door bell to my house or even approach the front door when those bugs are all over the place? Just plain EEEeeeewwww covers that one.

Okay so I'm a bug-a-phob and I can see the humor in it. These bugs don't bite and are pretty harmless but damn if the sheer number of them gives me the heebie jeebies! Here's a link to see what they look like - http://www.ivyhall.district96.k12.il.us/4TH/KKHP/1INSECTS/boxelder.html
and to think that there are dorks in this town that think that the bug is named after the town...get real! This insect has been around long before the town of Box Elder has been in existence.

I've heard that we're supposed to be having a very cold winter and that is why we are seeing a more than normal amount of insects trying to get inside of our homes for the winter. We've got spiders and they just keep coming! My kids are seriously freaked out by spiders (in retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have let them watch all of those horror movies that featured mutant spiders when they were younger-insert small chuckle here). now the one insect we don't seem to have at the moment (knock on wood) are ants. Maybe they are the smartest of the bugs and have already gone underground to start their long winters nap.

No comments: