INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Shoes...

SHOES, they say a lot about who you are.

You know...those things that go on your feet. I happen to adore shoes, all kinds of shoes. But since having 2 different kinds of surgeries on each foot, well I'm limited in what actually feels comfortable on my feet. And another funny thing I've learned these past few years was that I was wearing the WRONG SIZE shoe! When we moved out here 4 years ago I was wearing a size 6½ wide width shoe. Hold on to your hats because this will be disturbing...I bought two pairs of shoes over the weekend and each is a different size (different manufacturers too). My clogs are a size 8 and my brown dress shoes are an 8½- WOW huh? These clogs are by Merrell and are they ever wonderful! The fleece lining keep my feet toasty warm! My brown lace up shoes (I prefer to wear dress shoes versus sneakers when wearing dress pants or jeans) are by Börn, putting these shoes on my feet and lacing them up...they feel as if they were made just for me!


Lets face it, we women are vain creatures when it comes to revealing things like our actual clothing and shoe sizes. I always thought that shoes were supposed to be snug on your feet...little did I realize that I was causing myself some serious injuries to my feet that in time would require surgery one or more times to correct. So here I am, wearing anywhere from a 7½ to an 8½ shoe- all depending upon the design and manufacturer. I've found that by going to a runners shop that they will measure your feet accurately and get you set up with a pair of running shoes that are appropriate to you and your running or in my case walking style. That place looks at how you walk in your shoes. Very few places even measure your feet any more and those self service shoe stores are the WORST places to go, especially for children who need to have their feet measured properly. Over the summer I've seen many women clearly wearing the wrong size shoe, toes hanging over the edge, heals sticking way out over the back part of their sandals or heels. Now they can't tell me that by some quirk of fate that their shoes aren't uncomfortable. These women will one day be in some ugly looking orthopedic shoe hardly able to walk because their feet have become so crippled. Sounds harsh I know, but there it is none the less.
Do something special for yourself... treat yourself to a proper shoe fitting, you won't regret it what so ever!

No comments: