INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, January 15, 2010

2212/1770

2212 That's the number of views my my webshots page has had this past week and 1770 is how many views my scrapbooking/crafting room album has had this week-WOW! I hope that all who saw my album have been able to find inspiration from the pictures of my various scrapbook nooks over the years. I just keep adding pictures to the album. I think that it also gives an insight as to the evolution of my crafting spaces not to mention the ever changing selection of items available to us for organizing such spaces.

My very first crafting space was of course the kitchen table and I stored my items in a tote bag then I spread into a small linen closet (that was Texas), next was a corner in the formal dining room in Virginia, then in government quarters aka military housing in South Dakota it was a utility closet (I shared my space with a water heater and a furnace), then a room that was made especially for my scrapbooking and paper crafting habit (the house we bought in South Dakota) and now here in England it's a very small bedroom of which I've been able to create my latest Scrapbook Nook". All along this journey I've used what was available to me. The industry that designs and sells Organization tools and supplies has undergone an evolution of it's own- there's so much more available to us now. Places like IKEA are virtual fountains of inspiration- just walking through the various sections makes my imagination soar! The hardest part is figuring out what you want, the 2nd hardest part- putting together the items that you just bought at IKEA, LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you also have a gift of making it all work! Not just in this room...but in keeping it all together with all the moves around the world (literally). Sounds like your week has been by the moment as well. I can't wait to see your crafty work :)
Hugs,
T