INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Creating in Color

I don't know about you but there are times when I am driven to create something in a particular color. I went though all of my quilt patterns and found a suitable project for someone getting over an illness....not too busy or complicated, small and a limited number of colors and pieces to cut. It's a table runner that I bought from Pearl Louise (her shop is located in Rapid City South Dakota)a while back called "Chocolate Covered Cherries". It's an adorable table runner that has hearts set at an angle, I've always meant to take the time to make it but alas there were so many other projects calling me that (I'm ashamed to say it) I pushed it off until another time. I've gone though my stash of fabrics and I must admit it took me a while to pick just the right pink- the brown and green fabrics were never in question and once I found the right pink fabric the 4th color immediately fell into place. The off white with the hint of swirled bits of tan and the pink rose buds with green leaves were perfect!

Now for me to get the fabric pressed and cut and ready to stitch together. I'm excited to be making my first quiting project in my new to me home.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it...the fabrics look beautiful!