INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's only a little broken...

Everyday and every outing is an adventure. Yesterday was not without it's adventures that's for sure.

After going to the doctor (on base) and then being referred to radiology in another town- the results are in...words from the radiology tech "it's only a little broken but not enough to warrant US putting a cast on it". This is the NHS at work. The looks on our faces must have been something because my daughter and I looked at each other after the tech left and both uttered the same words...WHAT??? Did she just say what I thought she said? We drive back to the base to bring the x-rays to the Doctor for him to look at only to discover that the clinic closed at 3 pm, nice! No one told us that it closes early on Wednesdays, that would have been nice to know. If I wasn't so darn sick it would have been down right comical.

We still have the brace from the last time Hannah ratched out her left wrist. Funny thing is that I came across the thing last week and had put it on her dresser- how is that for ironic? LOL!

So here I am at home being sick. Neck hurts, I've got aches and pains all over, I still have a headache (going on day 3), low grade fever, feeling dizzy at times, I've got tummy and intestinal problems and I basically feel as if I've been hit by a bus. It's amazing that I don't have a runny nose nor do I have a cough-yet. I'm sure that it's just a matter of time until I do. But the weirdest thing is that my nose sure is awfully itchy!!!

Enough said, I'm going back to bed.

2 comments:

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi. Yes it can be a little unnerving to be told no cast needed. I think in this country now we are following the French way of dealing with broken bones - they often just put a broken arm in a sling with no cast at all (unless it is a complex break). The theory is that immobility weakens the muscles which then require a lot of physio after the cast has been removed.

Hope Hannah's arm is comfortable. And I hope you're totally better by now too!

Bearfriend xx

Sandie said...

It would have been nice to not feel as if we were being given the bush off and to have been given a sling, LOL!